Wednesday, November 4, 2009

You never know who you're going to see or meet

Think twice about wearing that old t-shirt with snot stains and paint on it to just run to the store or to get the mail. Change the shirt, throw on some lip gloss before heading to that door because you never know who will be out there.
Three times last week I answered the door it some not so pretty outfits, to say the least. Two times I was actually in my PJs, I hadn't even taken a shower and the other time I had taken a shower, but then worked out, so I was not only in sweats and a yucky t-shirt I was also sweaty. You all know how it is, so don't laugh, okay you can laugh if you need one for the day.

I have two things to say for my self, #1 the two times I was in my PJs these people showed up at my house before it was even 9 o'clock, now come on people how rude is that. If I want a shower before 2 when they nap at the same time, I have to get up at like 6:30 before Alan goes to work, yeah right or I have to wait till Samantha takes her first nap in the morning and just pray that Luke doesn't destroy the house while I take a 1 min. shower. #2 I was in the comfort of my own home with no plans of going any were that day, but I guess I should be prepared for anything like when the missionaries show up at your house after you've worked out and there is laundry all over the couch, that's right you just go on laughing.

This was the 3rd time. It was like 4:15 in the afternoon I had just started feeding Samantha so she could take a nap and I heard knocking on the door, I decided not to get it. They knocked again, I still didn't get it. I really needed Samantha to take I nap, so there was no way I was going to pull her off, please tell me you know how this feels. There is silence for a few seconds, so I think they have gone, but Luke decides to go look out the window and apparently they saw Luke as they we're leaving. They come back and knock again. I run up stairs try to put Samantha down, do you think she went down? No. As I am coming down the stairs they knock for the fourth time. By then I had to answer it and invite the missionaries into my home. At least the cloths on the couch were clean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who was at your house the first two times before 9am? Most the time when I answer the door I look alright but am ashamed of how messy our house is because I was too lazy to clean up.

-Joseph

Mom said...

I can't tell you how many times that happened to me or has happened to me. When you were all little it was the Jehovah Witnesses. Now it is neighbors who want to see the house. Ahhhhhh

Dallin said...

What are the missionaries doing out before 9 AM? That's supposed to be study time for them.