I was called to be the Young women's president at the end of June. When I got the calling I asked Alan if we were ready for this and he said do we have much choice, no we really didn't. There have been many feels of inadequacy and many instance of being overwhelmed. I was called at a busy time with youth conference right around the corner from when I was called, that we had to plan and then stake girls camp a couple of weeks later. Things have finally settled down and I'm feeling great.
So far Alan has stepped right up and taken care of the kids when ever I needed him to. He also got a new calling so he can watch Samantha the last hour of church. He teaches the 14-17 year olds sunday school class. The youth are getting a double dose of the Chase family.
I've had many promptings from the spirit that have assured me that this is the calling I am suppose to have. Heavenly Father has given me many sweet moments with the girls in the short amount of time that I have been serving in this calling and I know why I was called and I look forward to serving these girls. I absolutely love them and the women that serve along side me. I wouldn't minding being in this calling for a while.
Our Youth Conference this year was ward only. We planned a day long event up at canyon lake with a theme of Choose you this day. We didn't have alot of youth come, but those that did come had alot of fun. Swimming in the lake, games, tie dying t-shirts, a couple of love connections, food, roasting mashmellows and a 3 hour long car ride home when it was only suppose to take a hour and half.
Girls camp was awsome! I was really nerves about leaving the kids over night for the first time, but once again Alan stepped up. He watched the kids from wednesday afternoon till saturday afternoon with no probablems. I was a little sad that they didn't miss me more. I had a great time and was kind of sad to go home. I look forward to next year.
1 comment:
I am glad you enjoyed Girls Camp so much. I am sure the girls enjoy camp more when their leader is enjoying it too.
-Joseph
Post a Comment