Thursday, January 29, 2009

Samantha & Natalie Home and Adjusting






So I will make another post, because even though it may not seem like it, Natalie and Samantha are keeping busy. On Sunday afternoon, Natalie and Samantha came home. Luke was so excited to get them home.

I took the week off work to help out with the transition from 1 kid to 2. I've been doing all the little household chores while Natalie is recovering. Her recovery is going well. She is starting to feel a lot better.

Samantha is having some stomach problems. She seems to have bouts with her stomach when she wakes up. This makes the nursing process difficult for Natalie and Samantha. Once Samantha starts feeling better she nurses for a long time. She sleeps for 3 - 4 hours at a time and then is up for about 1 - 1.5 hours with her tummy problems and nursing. She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so hopefully we learn something more about this problem.

Luke is doing well being a big brother. The other day Luke and I were shopping and he insisted that I buy a pair of baby shoes for Samantha. They fit her just perfectly. They are white with a pink butterfly on them. He really is sweet with her. For now he is calling her Sammy because he has trouble saying Samantha.

I will be back to the grind Monday. It's been nice to be home for as long as I have, but it's time for life to go on. Enjoy the new pictures of Samantha!

6 comments:

Raich said...

She is really so pretty, congratulations again...

Kimbrough's in St. Louis said...

She is adorable! Congrats on having little girl!

Kristi said...

I think she's already cubbier than Luke ever was! LOL! Plus she sounds like she is such a good sleepier. I hope she keeps it up. Sorry to hear about the stomach problems :(. In the pictures it looks like her skin is really dark. I hope Natalie keeps recovering well.

Dallin said...

Thanks for the pictures and the update. Its really exciting to see what we have to look forward to soon. Guess I'll see you on Monday then Alan, unless our baby comes before then.

A and L said...

congratulations you guys! wow, 2 is so official. now you have kidS, emphasis on the S. she looks so cute.

some of our friends' kids have had digestive issues. i think they mostly got them fixed with pro-bacteria.

Sethington said...

Hope everything is ok with Samantha. Need me know if you need me to watch Luke or just need to talk to an adult. :) Take care.