Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter and a new ward

Easter Sunday was our first time in our new ward. Alan and I were a little nervous because we didn't know what to expect and in all the other wards we went to before we knew it was only for a short time, but we could potentially be in this one for a long time. We were making guesses on what we thought the ward would be like, I wont tell you what we said because you'll think we are bad people, but some were pretty funny. It wasn't really like we thought it would be. We thought there would probably be a lot of Military in the ward because we are so close to a Air force base and there was. I don't really want to say how it went because it was only one Sunday and I can be pretty negative, but Luke did go to nurse all by him self and stayed the whole time.

This was our first year giving Luke an Easter basket, we even hid the eggs and basket. He was kind of scared to go looking for them, he didn't quit know what to expect. I think when we told him the Easter bunny was coming he thought that when he woke up there would be a big bunny hopping around and maybe that's why he didn't want to go searching. We had a delicious dinner at the Wilson's and an Easter egg hunt for the kids.


1 comment:

Kristi said...

New wards can be hard at first. I am glad that Luke liked his class. Your hair looks really nice. I didn't even blow dry mine for Easter [the blow drier broke :(]

I also wear a white skirt on Sunday. I didn't know if the weather here was appropaite enough for a white skirt, but I sat next to my friend that had a white skirt and I started talking to her, saying that I didn't think that it was warm enough for a white skirt but since it was Easter it should pass. She looked kind of sad and then after a moment she said, oh you're wearing a white skirt too! I think she thought I was being mean. :)

Happy Easter!