I'll try to make this story short. When Alan started at USAA there was a few other guys that started with him from BYU-Idaho. Alan and this group of guys usually eat lunch with each other along with other BYU-I guys that graduated before them. One of the guys that graduated before them named Jamie asked the rest of them if their wives were into this series of books called Twilight and all of them of course answered yes. Jamie's wife was planning a Twilight party for the night August 1st the night before the new book was to be released. Morgan, his wife had given him enough invitations for all of the wives of the BYU-I guys. She had invited us along with some girls from her ward. Morgan was kicking Jamie and their two kids out of the house, so I told Alan to invite them over to our house. The night turned out to be a guys night with the kids at our house and a girls night out at Morgans house.
Jamie, his 2 kids and Colin came over to our house it was supposed to be more guys but the rest couldn't come. Just on a side note I have to tell a cute story about Luke. We had to set up our pack and play in our room for Jamie's 10 month old son so he could sleep. We told Luke that a baby was coming over and was going to sleep in this crib. He got so excited. He couldn't stop talking about the baby. Alan told me that when they came Luke just started patting the babies head and talking to the baby. The baby woke up once while they were their and Luke tried to run to our room so he could comfort the baby. I hope that this is a good sign that Luke will love our new baby. My friend Laura ( pronounced Loud-a because she is from Costa Rica) Colin's wife and I got picked up at 7:30 that night by my other friends Lindsay and Audrey. We picked up one more girl Allie and arrived at Morgan's house at 8:00. We had alot of fun. We ate really good food, played Twilight Cranium that Morgan had made up, watched trailers of the movie coming out in December and talked about the books. At around 11:30 we left to go check out the line of people that were waiting at Barnes and Noble to get their copy of the new book at midnight. It was crazy, there was about 200 to maybe 300 people waiting in line. Two of my friends wanted to buy the book that night so they got in line. We thought it would take for ever but once it turned midnight that line got shorter and shorter real fast. That night we got home at about 1 in the morning, but it was so worth it.
3 comments:
I love talented people who come up with great ideas. Sounds like the party was tons of fun! I remember the thrill of buying the Harry Potter books right at midnight. I wish another series would come out that I could get into. Happy Reading!
Natalie, You are such a psycho. I can't believe you are this obsessed over a book! Just kidding. My friends and I are already planning on the midnight showing of the movie. Love you
Love your blog. Luke is getting so big! I know Audrey and Clint from college. Small world.
Post a Comment