When we moved here a year ago Alan went out right away and got the car registered, got new license plates and got a new drivers license. He told me I should get a Texas license right away too, but I told him I needed to get my eyes checked first because I didn't think I would pass the eye exam excuse #1, so I didn't get a new license. I couple of weeks later we found out I was pregnant and I become really sick and was not going any where excuse #2, plus it was really hot which made me even sicker excuse #3. After a while I totally forgot about my license excuse #4. I don't drive that often excuse #5 because we only have one car and we live about 25 min from Alan's work and even when I had the car and Alan was walking I still didn't drive that often. So time went on and I still had my Idaho License, I didn't ever think about and I seriously thought I had one more year to get a new one excuse #6. Well holidays came and went, then I had Samantha, so I wasn't in any condition to go any where excuses #7. It took me a while to get use to being a mom of 2 and I still am getting use to it excuse #8.
I don't remember how but the subject of my licenses came up during the week of Sammy's blessing and when I took a look at my licenses I saw that it has expired! You would think with how often I have to take my license out to go to Alan's work that I would of notice that it was going to expire soon, but I didn't. I have been driving with an out of state license for about 9 months which is bad enough because I could of gotten a ticket if I got pulled over, but I have been driving with an out of state and an expired license since February. So I finally got that eye exam I needed and got contacts and went to the DMV, but the computers were down for the entire state, they said come back another day before I left I asked them what I would need to do to get a new license since it was an out of state license and it had expired, they said all you will need to do is the eye exam and pay the money great, that's exactly what I wanted to hear, but the next time I came they told me I would need to do all three exams I was so upset that I almost cried, it was scary enough taking the driving exam the first time around, but now after driving for almost 10 years I was going to have to do it again no way.
The lady asked me if I wanted to take care of that today, I had to came to the DMV by my self this time and so I had both kids with me, I looked at the line I would have to wait in, the place was so full there wasn't any more places to sit, I looked at my kids and then at the lady and thought to my self what do they of daycare in the back are you going to watch my kids for me while I do all of that, I told her politely that no I could not do that today.
There is so much more to this store, but I'll fast forward to the end. After going back to the DMV 2 more times I decided to just bite the bullet and take the tests. I passed the eye exam with out my contacts that I thought I so badly needed and that's why I didn't get a Texas license in the first place, I took the written while Luke sat on my lap and Samantha sat in her car seat next to me and passed. I haven't taken the drivers test yet so this story will have
To be continued
3 comments:
Yikes, I can't believe they are making you take the actuall drivers exam. I had to do the eye and written exams, but not the driver. Good luck!
Hey do you have an email? I would love to keep in better touch with you and sometimes Im just not a phone person. Let me know, you can leave it on my post.
Post a Comment