Thursday, September 17, 2009

The first leg of our trip

The Tuesday before we left for our trip Luke got the flu, I know great timing huh, but he was better by Thursday, so I thought okay everything will be fine, but of course it wasn't. I woke up Friday morning, the day we flew out, with the flu.
On Friday our plane flew out at 4 in the afternoon, so I drove Alan to work that morning and went back to the house to finish packing the car and shutting down the house, the whole time taking the mind over matter approach to me being sick and saying all day, I'm not sick, I'm not sick, yeah that didn't quit work. I picked up Alan at work and we met our friend Mark Smith, who was driving us to the airport, at the Wilson's house where we left our van. The kids did great on the plane, but I had a horrible time.

Alan's uncle Brian and his family picked us up at the airport and we stayed the night at their beautiful house in Ogden, UT, well it's actually in Syracuse. We had a good time especially Luke because they have 2 kids Emily 8 and Tyler 3. It was nice seeing them again. Saturday Alan's other uncle Dale picked us up and drove us to Blackfoot, ID where he and Alan's grandparents live. We also got to see Alan's cousins Shay and Lisa this part of the trip, they stayed at Alan's grandparents house too. They were great with both the kids and were a big help entertaining Luke. Thanks girls.

It seems like when ever we visit Alan's grandma and grandpa Jensen they always have a big list of chores for Alan to do and this visit wasn't any different, but Alan didn't get to alot of them because as I started to feel better on sunday Alan, his grandparents and Uncle Dale all got sick that night on Alan's birthday of all days. Alan felt bad for not getting alot of the chores done so on monday night he painted the ceiling in their office.

The next morning Alan was feeling alot better, which was a good thing because we had to take grandpa up to Idaho falls to get a new pacemaker put in. So Alan spent all day in Idaho falls at the hospital while me and the kids were up in Rexburg helping Shay and Lisa run some errands. I went back to the hospital to take us all to Lunch while grandpa was in surgery. All went well and we got back to the house at about 5:30. We enjoyed our last night there and then on wednesday we went up to Rigby to stay the night at my moms house.

I mention earlier that it had been Alan's birthday while we were in Blackfoot. He turned 29 on sunday August 30th. Can you believe that Alan is 29, one year closer to 30 HaHaHa. Here are some pictures from his b-day.

Lisa and Shay

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I am sorry that everybody got sick. What a bummer! Alan looks really happy in this pictures though, for being sick. I hope he was able to have a happy birthday, anyways.