Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Down Syndrome Awareness Month

I was informed today on my cousin Staci's blog that October is also Down Syndrome Awareness Month. In 2006 the year Luke was born I had 2 cousins who also had baby's that summer. One of my cousins had a beautiful baby boy named Tobin, who was very sick when he was born and past away. My cousin Staci had a baby girl named Katya who was born with 3 holes in her heart and Down Syndrome. I felt horrible for my cousins and at first didn't understand how they could be going through the things they were going through while I had a perfectly healthy baby born to me. Heavenly Father new that I was not as strong as these wonderful women are and I don't think I would be able to handle either of these situations. I love my cousins and are grateful for their strength and inspiration. Katya is now 2 years old and is doing wonderfully. I'm going to apologise now just in case. I hope this hasn't offended my cousins or anyone else, I'm sorry if it has, that was not my intentions.

No comments: